We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: February 16, 2015
When is Oral Surgery the Best Bet for Your Bite?
There’s no need to suffer from dental discomfort. Oral surgeons can cure or correct many painful problems. Learn if oral surgery is an option for you. When wisdom teeth can’t come in correctly, they are considered to be impacted and can result in pain, swelling, infection, and permanent damage to the surrounding area. But oral surgeons can remove these teeth to both relieve and prevent painful problems. Have you lost teeth over the years from an accident or infection? Dental implants are a simple alternative to full bridges or dentures. The tooth replacements are securely placed in the jawbone by oral surgeons. But dental implants are only advised if you have a sufficient bone level and are willing to maintain them with good oral hygiene. Oral surgery can correct a number of jaw-related problems, such as:
- Poor denture fit: when jaw irregularities prevent dentures from fitting comfortably.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders: when TMJ disjunction requires more than medication and therapy
- Unequal jaw growth:when improper jaw growth makes it difficult to speak, eat, and breathe.
Facial problems are hard to face, but you can ease the problem with oral surgery. It’s often used to correct these cases:
- Facial Injury: for fixing fractured jaws and broken facial bones.
- Facial Infections: to treat infections that cause swelling and pain in the face.
- Cleft Palate or Lip: to correct this fetal development disorder that results in a gap in the lip or a split in the roof of the mouth.
Oral surgeons can perform advanced procedures to help those who suffer from sleeping problems. If non-surgical methods fail to work, then oral surgery is an option for getting a good night’s sleep. To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Bradenton, call today at or make an appointment. Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .