We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: April 25, 2016
Understand the Benefits and Beauty of Oral Surgery
Oral surgery can save your smile from dental diseases and defects. Learn more about this dental specialty that makes many people smile. A Closer Look at Oral Surgery Have you ever heard of oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS)? This is simply the formal name for any surgical or cosmetic procedure designed to repair or restore a problem with the mouth, facial structure, jaw, and neck. Today, most oral surgery involves cosmetic procedures, such as reconstructing faces after major accidents and elective treatments to improve appearance. Yet, other procedures treat problems that affect dental function. Procedures Provided by Oral Surgeons Oral surgeons are the dental specialists with the special skills to perform oral surgery. If you have a dental problem that demands specialized care, your dentist in Bradenton will refer you to one of these oral surgeons who have the special skills to provide the advanced and affordable dental care you need. If cost is a concern, you’ll need to ask your dentist in Bradenton to recommend an oral surgeon who offers affordable dental care options. Oral surgeons perform a large array of procedures, such as:
- Reconstructing faces damaged by disease or injury
- Performing elective cosmetic surgeries on the face, jaw, and neck
- Extracting extensively damaged and impacted teeth
- Replacing missing teeth with dental implants
- Correcting cleft palates
- Fixing poor jaw alignment
- Restoring jaws with bone grafts
- Improving jaw pain
- Removing tumors affecting the oral and facial area
The Advanced Education of Oral Surgeons Oral surgeons need to have many years of training to become skilled in the restoration and repair of oral and maxillofacial problems. Their educational path consists of the following:
- Four years of dental school to learn general dentistry and earn a DDS or DMD degree
- Four years of a hospital-based residency program to train with future anesthesiologists, general surgeons, plastic surgeons, emergency physicians, and internists.
- An optional two years of training in an integrated OMS/MD program for a medical degree
- Fellowship programs to earn additional training in advanced oral surgical procedures
- Continued education to learn the latest surgical treatments and techniques
If you ever have a dental concern that requires oral surgeons, be assured that you’ll be in highly skilled hands. To learn about our family dentistry practice in Bradenton, call today at or make an appointment. Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .