Sink Your Teeth into the Dental Implant Process
Fed up with living with lost teeth? A dental implant can fully restore your smile and confidence. Learn how this tooth replacement method can make you love to smile again.
A Closer Look at Dental Implants
A dental implant is surgically inserted deep into the jawbone to secure a dental crown in place and restore the look of your smile. Since it fuses to the jawbone over time, a dental implant is completely secure, very comfortable, and closely resembles your natural tooth. In comparison, other tooth replacement options are either uncomfortable, prone to breaking, or must be regularly replaced. Even though dental crowns cost more than those other options, their strength, security, and beauty make dental implant costs well worth it.
The Dental Implant Process and Procedure
While every patient case is different, the dental implant process is basically the same. The following typically occur in this tooth replacement procedure:
- You will need to visit either a specialist called a prosthodontist or a general dentist who has training in tooth replacement.
- The dentist will perform a dental examination to determine if dental implants are right for you.
- Keep in mind that the time frame for completing the implant and crown procedures is based on many factors, from your dental health to the amount of jawbone you have. If you don’t have enough bone, you will need to have bone grafting to build up the natural bone, which will take additional time and increase the cost of dental implants. If you have a sufficient amount of jawbone, you will have lower dental implant costs and the procedure can start when you’re ready.
- When the traditional method of dental implant placement is used, the complete implant process will usually take a few months.
- But if mini implants or another technique called same day dental implants are chosen, you can actually get same day dental implants and see immediate results.
Simple Care and Cleaning of Dental Implants
Believe it or not, caring for dental implants is the same as for natural teeth. Just practice good dental habits at home, such as daily brushing and flossing, and get regular check-ups and cleanings from your general dentist.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Bradenton, call Manatee Dental of East Bradenton today at (941) 538-6339 or make an appointment.
Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Manatee Dental of East Bradenton, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Manatee Dental of East Bradenton.