We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: January 27, 2014
Save Your Teeth with Your Toothbrush – 6 Essential Tips for Better Brushing
If you ask a family dentistry expert about the importance of brushing techniques, you’ll get a clear answer; improper oral hygiene is at the root of most tooth and gum conditions, so brushing the right way is critical. Given the high cost of dental care, finding an affordable dentist to detect and treat problems early is essential, but you can often stop them before they start. Observe the following tips to keep your smile bright and healthy for a lifetime. 6 Essential Brushing Tips
- Time yourself. Brush your teeth for at least two minutes. If you rush through the process, plaque gets left behind.
- Be methodical. Mentally divide your mouth into four quadrants, and spend equal time brushing each thoroughly.
- Choose a soft toothbrush with bristles that vary in height. Hard brushes damage tooth enamel and gums. Bristles at different heights improve a brush’s ability to clean between teeth and beneath gums.
- Although manual brushing is highly effective, if you tend to rush, try an electric toothbrush. They require less physical effort and are often better at cleaning between teeth.
- Change your toothbrush every three months. Worn or splayed bristles are less effective.
- Don’t forget to floss daily; it’s the second command of oral hygiene. Flossing reaches areas between teeth where your toothbrush can’t go.
Don’t Change a Good Routine If you do intensive research on tooth brushing techniques, you’ll find several conflicting schools of thought. Some experts suggest brushing in a circular motion while others recommend an angled approach. Regardless of technique, the most important thing is getting good results. If your family dentistry team is happy with your dental care, it’s best to simply stick with what works. If there’s a problem, your dentist will be happy to make recommendations. To learn about our family dentistry practice in Bradenton, call today at or make an appointment. Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .