We are open - safety is our top priority!
How Many Dental Implant Facts Do You Know?
Every dental implant dentist knows that a smile with missing teeth can be transformed into a masterpiece with the help of affordable dental implants, but even the most informed may not know that the ancient Mayans thought the best dental implants consisted of shell. The following facts cover interesting aspects of history and statistics related to dental implantation.
- As many as 69 percent of American adults from age 35 to 44 are missing at least one tooth. One in four people older than 74 has lost all of their teeth.
- Out of all the available options for tooth replacement, only dental implants feel, look, and function like natural teeth.
- Around 600 AD, the Mayans attempted to replace the tooth of a woman by hammering a piece of shell into her jaw. Fortunately, modern implants are safer and more effective.
- Implants are usually made from titanium. They replace the root of a missing tooth and serve as an anchor for the replacement tooth or crown.
- Teeth restored by implants cannot get cavities. However, good dental care is still important to keep surrounding tissues healthy.
- Implants can actually preserve bone and stimulate its growth.
- When seeking a dental implant dentist, do your homework. Look for one who has credentials from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID). These dentists have demonstrated competence and met national education standards in implantology. The AAID was formed in 1951 when a small group of dentists specializing in placing implants came together to share their knowledge. The AAID now has more than 4,000 members.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Bradenton, call today at or make an appointment. Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .