We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 18, 2016
Expert Advice To Reverse and Remedy Halitosis
The term halitosis is just another name for bad breath. It’s an embarrassing problems suffered by 20 percent of the population. The good news is that there are many ways to treat bad breath and even prevent the problem completely. Why You Have Halitosis The simplest way to treat the bother of bad breath is by figuring out its cause. Discover the primary reasons why people have halitosis:
- Lack of twice-daily brushing
- Infrequent flossing
- Failure to visit an affordable dentist twice-a-year for professional check-ups and cleanings
- Built-up plaque on teeth, gums, and tongue that breeds odorous bacteria
- Odor-causing foods and drinks, such as garlic, onions, and coffee
- Dry mouth, which means that there isn’t enough saliva to wash away lingering oral bacteria
- Mouth infections
- Medical conditions and medications
Good Ways To Prevent Bad Breath Halitosis is hard to handle, but it’s easy to avoid by practicing good oral hygiene. Follow these hygiene hints from family dentistry specialists to improve your oral hygiene and keep breath from going bad:
- Brush well at least twice a day, yet preferably after each time you eat.
- Use a toothpaste specially formulated for halitosis. Ask your family dentistry clinic for brand recommendations.
- Floss at least once a day, but preferably after every meal and snack.
- Rinse daily with an antibacterial mouthwash to kill any hidden bacteria in your mouth.
- Try using a tongue scraper to remove built-up bacteria on your tongue.
- Schedule regular dental check-ups and cleanings from an affordable dentist.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Bradenton, call today at or make an appointment. Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .