We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: April 28, 2015
5 Tips for Conquering Dental Anxiety
National Anxiety Month is celebrated in April, so it’s a great time to reflect on one of the most common fears in America: dental care. Dental anxiety usually starts in childhood. Some people become scared after a painful treatment, and pain isn’t easily forgotten. Other people might be afraid of dentist tools or weird smells and tastes they encountered while in the dentist’s chair. A study by Delta Dental Plans revealed a link between parents’ dental fear and their children’s. About half of parents polled admitted to being scared of the dentist; the number of children with the same fear was almost identical. You Can Defeat Adult Dental Fear If you’re a parent, you can avoid passing along dental anxiety to your children by acting positive toward dentistry and managing your dental fear. Here are five ways for adults to stop being afraid of dentist appointments.
- Share your concerns, and request details about treatments and procedures. If your dentist is aware of your dental fear, he or she can make an extra effort to minimize your anxiety.
- Find ways to distract yourself from dental fear. Choose a dentist who offers a big-screen television or virtual reality glasses during treatment, or bring your iPad and headphones to appointments.
- Know that you are in control. Establish a non-verbal gesture to let your dentist know when you’re feeling dental anxiety or want to take a break.
- Take advantage of newer anesthesia methods such as intravenous conscious sedation and topical gels and patches.
- If your dental fear is causing you to avoid getting treatment, ask for help. A mental health professional can teach you how to cope with your dental anxiety.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Bradenton, call today at or make an appointment. Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .