Important Questions to Ask Your Dentist About Getting New Dentures
If you’re missing teeth, you’re not alone. Many people lose some or all of their natural teeth to dental decay or gum disease. Affordable quality dentures can restore your healthy smile, boost your self-esteem, and let you eat your favorite foods again. The first step in denture restoration is to find an affordable dentist to evaluate your existing teeth and gums, and develop a treatment plan. Because dentures require a significant investment of money and time, it’s best to obtain as much information about the process as you can, both before and after your dentures are placed.
Here are some questions you should ask your dentist in Bradenton before getting dentures:
- What types of removable and permanent dentures are available, and how will you determine which ones I need?
- Would I benefit from keeping some of my natural teeth?
- What will it feel like to wear dentures?
- Will my appearance change with dentures?
- How will my dentures affect my speech?
- Will my dentures be breakable?
- Are there foods I should avoid to prevent damaging my new dentures?
- Will my new dentures allow me to eat the foods I currently enjoy?
- How many hours per day should I wear my new dentures?
- How much will my dentures cost?
These are questions to ask your dentist after your dentures are placed:
- How do I store my dentures?
- When and how do I clean my new dentures?
- Do I need any special cleaning products?
- When and why should I use a denture adhesive?
- How do I properly apply a denture adhesive?
- How do I maintain my oral health with my new dentures?
- Will replacement dentures ever be required?
- What do I do if my dentures don’t seem to fit anymore?
- Can I make adjustments to my dentures without professional assistance?
- How often should I see the dentist?
- Which denture care products should I use for my dentures?
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Bradenton, call Manatee Dental of East Bradenton today at (941) 538-6339 or make an appointment.
Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Manatee Dental of East Bradenton, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Manatee Dental of East Bradenton.